Baked Fish Fillets with Tomatoes

Fish fillets are quite popular in my house. My mom often uses "Happy Call" double pan to grill them, while I make breaded fish fillets occasionally.  Baking fish fillets in the oven is a wonderful alternative to fried or grilled fish. 

Donna Hay's baked fish fillets beautifully displays array of colors with tomatoes, garlic, lemon and capers. I have all the ingredients in my pantry except for capers. Well, it's not difficult to find it from local supermarkets like Fairprice Finest.
 
The healthy baked fish fillets taste so unique. It's an explosion of sweet, savoury and sour flavor that we have never tried before. I am glad that my family love the fresh taste. Through this dish, I get to know that capers have long been a favourite in the Mediterranean region. The small, green herb buds lend a piquant sour and salty flavor to salads, dressings, sauces, vegetables and a variety of main dishes.

It feels so good to learn and cook together with Donna Hay, the featured chef in I Heart Cooking Clubs. This week's theme is Pantry Magic , and now, I have added one more ingredient to my pantry - a jar of mildly spiced capers.
 
 
BAKED FISH FILLETS WITH TOMATOES
 (Recipe from Donna Hay. My changes marked in blue)
Ingredients
- 350g cherry tomatoes ( *I used 250g)
- 1 tablespoon shredded lemon zest 
- 8 cloves garlic, bruised 
- 1½ tablespoons salted capers, rinsed 
- ⅓ cup (80ml) olive oil 
- 4 x 120g firm white fish fillets, such as snapper ( *I used 3 grouper fillets
-  lemon juice
-  sea salt and cracked black pepper

Directions   
  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
  2. Place the tomatoes, lemon zest, garlic and capers in a baking dish. Drizzle with half of the oil and bake for 20 minutes.
  3. Add the fish fillets to the baking tray, drizzle with the remaining oil and cook for a further 15–20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
  4. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve with the tomatoes and a green salad. Serves 4.

Comments

  1. We eat lots of fish at our house and this is a recipe that is already in the stack to try. You made a lovely presentation with this one. Glad you picked it, wish I had some for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina, thanks to drop by.

      This is the first time I baked fish fillets. The dish is so easy to prepare, and tastes delicious! I will definitely make it again for my family.

      Delete
  2. I love the zing capers bring to food and they're particularly good with fish. Your dish looks pretty and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love fish at my house, and I enjoy pairing fish with tomatoes--which is not something you see very often. The lemon & capers sound really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made this recipe and it was delicious. I love how your lemon zest came out...I zested mine on a microplane and it just sort of melted into the whole thing, I could taste it but I couldn't really see much of it...I like how you did your much better. Next time I'm following that lead. Healthy and delicious, what more could we ask from a recipe, right? Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so much fun to create a meal with pantry-inspired ingredients. I absolutely love the salty pop of flavor that capers bring to a dish. This looks like a beautiful and light meal with fresh flavors. Very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tomatoes brighten up the fish and I bet adds some nice flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an utterly delicious fish dish - I love fish baked with tomatoes - something about the way in which the juices of the tomatoes mingle with the juices of the fish to make a wonderful briny, tomatoey kind of dressing. Great pop of flavour with the capers, and so pleased you managed to add another ingredient to your pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fish is always good and baked is the best. I will have to make this one everntually. Especially since our Donna Hay group made it back in August.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love baked fish and I always have a giant-sized jar of capers on hand. This looks like my perfect dinner dish along with some bread to soak up those wonderful juices. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dish looks delicious! I love capers, always have a jar or two in my pantry!
    No wonder your family love this dish, I would to!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Melt-in-the-Mouth Pineapple Tarts (Sonia's Recipe)

Cake Muffins Worth Queueing for at Shunfu Market

Air-Fried Buttermilk Chicken