Feta, Roasted Tomato and Chicken Sausage Pasta

During weekend,  I have been busy cooking, baking and pinning. It's so pinteresting!

My initial plan was to pin the most popular posts from blogs onto my Popular Foodie Posts board. After I started pinning, I realized it's not as easy as I thought. Firstly, not all the bloggers publish the popular list. Secondly, there are overwhelming posts out there. I browsed from one blog to another blog, reading, admiring and pinning. Sometimes, I stayed in one blog too long, and slowly drifted away by pining the popular post of my choice rather than readers' choices :).   It's tiring but rewarding. I've got to know many talented bloggers and their amazing posts. If you own a blog and have a Pinterest account, please drop me a note (mylittlejoyfactory@gmail.com) . I would be more than happy to invite you as one of the contributors to Popular Foodie Posts.

Feta, Roasted Tomato and Chicken Sausage Pasta was inspired by a pin board National Pasta Month created by Louise V. I participated the celebration of National Pasta Day in October this year, and have learned many delicious pasta recipes from this event.  Nowadays, I have been serving my family with different flavours of pasta.

My whole family are cheese lovers.  So, most of  my pasta has cheese in it.  Usually, I store grated Cheddar, Mozzarella and Parmesan in my fridge. Occasionally, I also buy small pack of Ricotta and Gouda cheese from supermarket.  This is the first time I used Feta cheese in pasta.  Feta compliments the roasted tomato beautifully, and adds flavor to the pasta together with Parmesan. Simple and delicious!








FETA, ROASTED SWEET POTATO AND CHICKEN SAUSAGE PASTA
(Original recipe from Donna Hay)

Ingredients
  • 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 3 Roma tomatoes, halved
  • 3 tablespoon olive oil
  • 400g Fusilli
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan 
  • sea salt and cracked pepper
  • 200g feta, chopped
  • 200g chicken sausages       
  • lemon juice and olive oil, to serve
  • Spinach leaves for topping

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 200°C (390ºF). Place the sausage, sweet potato and tomato, cut-side up, in a baking dish. Drizzle with oil and bake for 35–45 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft and golden.
  2. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente.
  3. Drain and combine with the sweet potato, tomato, sausage, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
  4. Place in serving bowls, top with the feta, spinach and drizzle with lemon juice and oil to serve.

Comments

  1. Oh Little Joy, what delicious looking pasta you have whipped up to share. It looks so yummy!!! The flavors go so well together. I can just imagine how good it taste. I'm sure your family must have loved it!

    I love pinning to Pinterest too but yes, it can take up a lot of time. Thank you so much for joining the Pasta Party for National Pasta Month. We sure have gathered so many new pasta dishes on Pinterest. BTW, I better go check to see if you have pinned this one yet, lol...

    Thank you so much for sharing, Little Joy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise,

      Thanks for dropping by. Your pinboard is so organized and very informative. Seems November has a few celebrations : 3rd is Sandwich Day, 15th is Bundt Cake Day, and 30th is Mousse Day. Really hope I have enough time to participate all these parties, a good learning and sharing experience!

      Delete
    2. Not even I have enough time for all those celebrations, Little Joy. I didn't even include Gingerbread Day which is the day after Thanksgiving this year:) I am looking forward to Candy Cane Day in December though, lol...

      Delete
  2. Joy, this is a great dish. Sausage, sweet potato, and feta is such a great flavour combination, and over pasta it's even better.

    Must say I admire your enthusiasm for Pinterest - I just haven't really been able to get the hang of it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love feta in anything.. so had to feature your dish at Tasty Tuesday today. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge.
    Chicken Sausage

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Melt-in-the-Mouth Pineapple Tarts (Sonia's Recipe)

Cake Muffins Worth Queueing for at Shunfu Market

Air-Fried Buttermilk Chicken